Kenneth M. Battle is a partner in the Chicago office Of O’Connor & Battle LLP. Mr. Battle practices in the areas of general civil and commercial litigation, insurance defense litigation, and healthcare liability. For over 14 years, he has participated in settlements and trials involving millions of dollars in the representation of clients ranging in size from individuals to Fortune 500 companies. His practice is emphasized in the areas of civil rights, premises liability, medical malpractice defense, product liability, automobile liability, employment law, personal injury, municipal law, construction litigation, real estate and foreclosure litigation. Mr. Battle has been named among the “Top 100 under 50 Diverse Executive Leaders” for 2014 by Diversity MBA Magazine.
Prior to joining QPWB, Mr. Battle was founder and president of his law practice, the Battle Law Office P.C., where he represented clients in the Chicagoland area in both state and federal courts, and in arbitrations and mediations. He was also appointed as Special Assistant Corporation Counsel, working as outside counsel for the City of Chicago in the Civil Rights Division.
Select representative matters:
- Federal false imprisonment and nuisance case obtained verdict on all claims and counterclaims
- Property damage settlement with claims totaling $9 million
- Representations on behalf of the City of Chicago involving police misconduct claims
- Settlement of matters involving commercial plumbing performed on new construction
- Breach of contract claims on behalf of advertising company
- Representation of municipality in employment discrimination matter
- Wrongful death claim involving an explosion
- Labor and employment class action representation on behalf of manufacturer
- Representation of general contractor on liability claims involving construction site at a high school